e enjte, janar 24, 2008

Robert Burns birthday 25th January




25th January is the birthday of Robert Burns, the great Scottish poet.
We usually celebrate his birthday with a Burns Supper, where we eat haggis, have a wee dram of whisky and traditional Scottish dancing called a “ceilidh” into the "wee" hours of the morning.

Nae haggis for me though….probably just a plate of grosh!

Still I’ll let you hear a beautiful rendition of one of Burn’s songs sung by Eva Cassiday.

Enjoy!

Below are 2 translations, I found one by someone called Era1 on a forum. Her translation is more true to the original, and I like it better, so I included it here.
Having sadi that...they still don;t compare to the original!

I dedicate this post to “bukuroshje ime”, Elida my wife.
” Do të dua derisa detët te jene tharë per ujë!”

Yes and before you ask, it is true…all us Scotsmen are as romantic as Burns. ;-)
…well almost!

A Red, Red, Rose by Robert Burns

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it ware ten thousand mile.



Si trendafil cel dashuria
Ne mes te kopshtit tim
Dhe si nje kenge bukuria
S'me ndahet ne udhetim.

Kjo bukuri mbi gjitha mbetet,
Asgje mbi dhe s'e tund,
Me mua ecen gjersa detet
Te thahen gjer ne fund.

Nuk thahen detet, zemra ime,
Graniti nuk firon,
Nuk ndalet rera ne udhetime,
Se rera vec vrapon...

Mbec me shendet, per ty ngre goten,
Mos u merzit, o shpirt!
Sikur ta bredh me kembe token,
Te gjej, por vetem prit!

Perktheu: Dritero Agolli


Nje trendafile e kuqe, e trembur.
Ah, dashuria ime eshte si nje trendafile e kuqe, e trembur,
qe e re ka celur ne Qershor,
Ah, dashuria ime eshte si melodia
qe kur luhet, me embelsi ritmon.

Sa e hijeshme je, moj bukuroshja ime,
aq thelle kam rene ne dashuri me ty,
e do te t’dua perhere, e dashur,
derisa detet te jene thare per uje.

Derisa detet te jane thare per uje, e dashur,
dhe shkembinjte me diellin te jene shkrire
Une do te dua serisht e dashur,
Derisa rerat e jetes te rrijne shtrire.

Dhe lamtumire, dashuria ime e vetme,
Lamtumire tani, vetem per pak,
Dhe do te vij perseri, e dashur,
Dhe sikur te jem dhjet' mije milje larg.

E perkthyer nga « Era1 »

2 komente:

Eralda LT tha...

I like the second translation as well, more literal, and yet with good word choice. Agolli's translation is the one I grew up reading, and I have to say that it is very good as well (the meter especially). You're right though, everything pales in comparison to the original.

belle_fleur tha...

Robert Burns one of my favorite poets. Happy Birthday R.B!!!

p.s. thanks for sharin the poem with us. i like the translation as well. Agolli has done a good job with it.

 
expatriate